- Programming Languages:
Visual Studio Code,
- Other Languages 🤷♂️ :
- HTML, CSS, XML, YAML, Stylus
- 2012 - 2016
- 79.48% 5th position in entire department (~190 students)
- Majored In:
- Computer Engineering
- Major Achievements:
- Granted merit scholarship for all four years.
- Consistently stood in top 10 performing students of the department.
- Mentored class of 30 in an IEEE NSIT SIG for Web Development and Design
- Wrote a report on Rapes
- Successfully completed projects like :
MVP Generator |
Student Attendance System, and more...
- Worked on a research project under Vidhi Khanduja (Assistant Professor) on a database watermarking scheme.
- 2002- 2012
- Performance in 12th
- Performance in 10th
- 9.8 CGPA ~ 93.1%
- Major Achievements:
- Granted merit scholarship for 3 years: 10th - 12th grades
- Topped Science department in 12th Grade
- October 2017 - Present
- @HousingEngg Frontend team
- As part of frontend team, I worked on improving performance of both desktop and mobile web-apps. This was achieved by following enhancements;
- Migrating to React 16 from version 15 gave a 50% win for
renderToString completion time.
- Migrating to NodeJS version 8 from version 6 gave another 50% win for above.
- Using brotli for assets reduced size by another 20%.
- Minification of images, preferring SVGs over PNGs whenever possible further reduced page size.
will-change CSS rule, along with disabling
pointer-events on scroll helped in improving scrolling performance.
- Delivering Fast Web-apps Fast at Google Developers' Day, Extended (Mumbai).
- June 2016 - October 2017
- @SamsungInternet team
Samsung Internet PC Extension
Starting June 2016
- Successfully shipped version 2.0 in March which received great response (chrome web store rating increased from 2.7 to 3.7 post launch).
- Currently working on adding new features and improving sync performance.
- Userbase increased from 8,000 to 60,000 monthly active users (~8x) within 4 months of 2.0 release.
Gaana Web App
Starting March 2017
- Designed and developed the web application in ReactJS + Redux + Styled-Components (later replaced with Emotion for perf wins).
- Challenges like performance on low end devices, inter-op between Tizen APIs and Web Platform were tackled along with the team.
- Successfully launched first phase of app withing MyGalaxy on Tizen in Late May.
Samsung Internet - Bixby
April 2017 – July 2017
- Wrote JSGF gram files for Samsung Internet domain. [video]
- Helped in bringing accuracy to 95%+ for Bixby US launch.
- Major Achievements:
Employee of the Month (December 2016)
Awarded as Employee of the Month for supporting and developing Samsung Internet PC Extension v2.0 in HQ.
Samsung Citizen Award (March 2017)
"Though a fresher and new to product development, [he] took up one of the key components of Samsung Internet browser, viz Samsung Internet Extension for Chrome and commercialized it flawlessly. All through the project, [he] has displayed enormous passion with a clear goal of making it much better."
- December 2015 - January 2015 ( 1 Month )
- Developed an SPA using ReactJS, NodeJS and Postgresql
- June 2015 - August 2015 ( 2 Months )
- Developed tile based map server using NodeJS, mapnik and TileMill
- Set up Mongodb cluster (3 systems), developed scripts to convert data from mongodb
to CSVs and CSVs to JSON to-and-from a Hadoop cluster, and a web app to display
results of the road anlaysis done by Hadoop.
- October 2013 - October 2014 ( 1 Year )
- Health Report tool for analyzes all clients statistically and constantly check for API health status, hence benefiting in tracking downtimes and losses.
- Performance improvements by deploying faster routes to server calls. (300-400ms win)
- Expanding support to several e-commerce platforms.
- Extending help in creating the internal API. Made its use to make several customizable popouts, providing more options than industry.
- Integration with social networks to enable the tool. Studied Facebook documentations to leverage best out of its Graph API.
- Helped in strategy and planning of the tool in its initial phase.
Frontend Development Intern, Frrole
- November 2013 - January 2014 ( 3 Months )
- Buzzometer - Created an interactive and responsive web app using the APIs of Frrole
using jQuery , PHP and XML for analyzing the buzz created by a particular movie.
And much more, meet up for a ☕ coffee if my work interests you